Angel House in Chester le Street, County Durham, is our latest data centre, which represents a £4m investment in infrastructure and connectivity.
Part of its unique feature set is a suite of dedicated repair, build and configuration spaces in a certified ISO27001:2013 environment, which we included in response to client demand. These fully equipped and networked rooms provide the space for our team, your team or a third party support organisation or vendor to repair or physically reproduce your infrastructure on site if necessary.
Traditional data centres rarely provide these facilities, meaning clients and third party support companies have to effect repairs outside the data centre environment, costing them time and money.
Even if a client can find the space, perhaps by commandeering meeting rooms, those spaces almost certainly do not have the required high capacity cabling, power or cooling infrastructure. That is where we can add value by providing the environment, the infrastructure and the physical space in which to carry out tasks ranging from making repairs to recreating a complex infrastructure.
Our dedicated repair centre offers secure workshop facilities for use by our clients or third party support organisations and vendors.
Efficient repair means having both the space and the infrastructure in place, and our repair centre includes ESD protected flooring and benching, UPS protected mains to ensure uninterrupted supply is maintained, Cat6 cabling infrastructure with Cisco switching capabilities, secure wireless network, fully load balanced and resilient internet connectivity, and MPLS connectivity.
Build & Configuration Centre
Alongside our repair centre we also maintain a purpose-built facility to enable build and configuration of server, storage, and large scale LAN infrastructure projects. This is available for client or third party use, or alternatively the requirements can be fully outsourced to certified ITPS engineers, consultants and project managers.
Features include ESD protected flooring and benching, UPS protected mains to ensure uninterrupted supply is maintained, Cat6 cabling infrastructure, secure wireless network, fully load balanced and resilient internet connectivity, MPLS connectivity, and high capacity main power interfaces and cooling.
- Power: dedicated substation on site
- Backup: diesel generators with fuel tanks onsite sufficient for 72 hours continuous running
- Fuel: refilling contracts with SLA in place
- N+1 UPS systems
- Dual PDU on separate UPS provided into each rack
- Cooling: Adiabatic cooling solution, with cold/hot air separation. Includes Free Cooling to improve the PUE
- N+1 scalable cooling solution
- Industry leading energy efficiency target PUE of 1.2
- Fire: VESDA fire detection system
- Novec 1230 synthetic gas-fire suppressant system
- Security: ISO27001:2013 certified, biometric security systems, staffed 24/7/365, located on first floor of secure building, escorted access only, CCTV surveillance cameras
- Constantly monitored from our purpose built Network Operations Centre
- Individual security locks on all racks
- Individual racks/pods/caged data halls available on request
Contact us now on 0844 0502240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can help.